This guide is designed to help Biology students identify scholarly articles, understand the concept of primary research and locate a primary resarch article for their class assignment. The contents are:
- What Is a Scholarly Journal?
- What is a Primary Source Article?
- Types of Articles in Scholarly Journals
- JAMA and New England Journal of Medicine
- Other Sources for Scholarly Journals With Primary Research Articles
- Off-Campus Access to Library Databases
- Citing Your Sources
Thanks to Eastern Washington University Libraries for allowing their material to be adapted here.
Hakan Dahlstrom, "Test tubes", September 22, 2009, via Flickr, Creative Commons Attribution.